Saanich Community Associations
Livable Roads for Rural Saanich
District of Saanich
Capital Regional District – CRD
- 2125 Keating Cross Road, Saanichton BC V8M 2A5 250.652.7300Saanich School District 63: sd63.bc.ca
- Saanich Fire: 250.475.5500
- Saanich Police: 250.475.4321
- Nearest fire stations
- Central Saanich Fire Department: 1512 Keating Cross Road, Saanichton
- Saanich Fire Station: 4595 Elk Lake Drive, Victoria BC
- Victoria General Hospital: 1 Hospital Way, Victoria 250. 727.4212
- Saanich Peninsula Hospital: 2166 Mt. Newton X Road, Saanichton 250.544.7676
Outdoor Recreation nearby
- Prospect Lake: pristine swimming and boating lake. Small access for motorized boats. A number of public parking/swimming areas.
- Elk/Beaver Lake: over 10 km of dog-friendly walking/hiking trails, multiple sandy beaches, and boat access for motorized and non-motorized boats. Western portion of the trails are also horse-friendly.
- Work Regional Park: over 11 km of hiking trails and a 449m summit to Mount Work. Durrance Lake, a popular swimming lake, is also found here.
- Work – Hartland is a separate area of multi-use trails open to X-C and downhill mountain biking.
- Dominion Astrophysical Observatory: completed in 1918, this federal observatory is open in the summer for public access and viewing in the evenings.
- Horticultural Centre of the Pacific: open daily, year-round, gorgeous gardens, the HCP hosts educational programs, workshops, a café, rental venue, and plant sales. Open for walks/tours. Home to the largest outdoor Bonsai Garden in Canada.